Instagram has gained tremendous popularity in recent years. It is popular with people of all types of demographics and from all walks of life. In the case of Instagram, the most important thing is the number of followers you acquire.
Number of followers equals the success of Instagram
It is important to note here that there is much more to Instagram than just the number of followers you can acquire. However, your number of followers is one of the important measures (or metrics) of the social media tool. If you have a large following, other people will have the perception that you (and your business) are a success. That lends itself to your professional credibility and reliability.
A large number of followers also gives you the confidence that your message is being received by other people online and allows you to increase your reach to a large number of good quality connections. It also goes a long way toward strengthening your relationship with your target audience, which is essential to your success.
- Proper use of hashtags: When it comes to increasing exposure and visibility, hashtags are a great way to go. However, it is very important that you do not get carried away by the use of hashtags. The reason you don’t want to go overboard with hashtags is that your target audience won’t appreciate it, and as a result, they may not stick with you. There are some guidelines that you should follow when using hashtags to get the best possible results from your target audience members.
- Use very specific hashtags
- Customize the hashtag for the particular social media channel you are using
- Make sure your hashtags are strong but not promotional.
- Make your hashtags clear and concise
- Don’t use too many hashtags
- Create an event: Organizing an event where you gather influencers, brand ambassadors, loyal followers, etc., is a great way to increase your followers on Instagram. The results of such an event can be multifaceted, such as acquiring a greater number of followers, creating greater brand awareness, and greater engagement with members of your target audience.
- Run an appropriate contest: People love contests, especially if they win a prize that they feel was worth their effort to enter. A contest can generate a lot of excitement about your business, get people excited about participating, and build strong, long-lasting relationships. It is important that you provide worthwhile incentives. Some of the ways you can get people involved in your contest is by getting them to like your contest, have them comment on your contest (people love to express their opinions and feel that their opinions are important for you) and other creative ways to engage people.
- Engage Loyal Followers: Another really good way to gain followers on Instagram is to engage loyal followers. Let them help you organize your event or contest. Give them a voice and make them feel that you really value their participation. There are many benefits to doing this, such as giving your brand an emotional / human feel, broadening your reach, increasing your reputation, increasing your traffic, and making more people aware of your brand.
- Connect with an online social community: Having a sense of belonging to a community is critical to your growing success as an entrepreneur. Not only is it important to be part of a social community, but it is also essential that you interact with the members of that community (or communities). You will want to interact in the following ways:
- Share your story: Everyone has a story (probably more than one). Share yours because it will resonate with the other members of your social community. If people can relate to what you are sharing, you will be successful in building relationships with them. That is critical to your success.
- Make sure others want to share your content: It’s one thing to write high-quality content, but it’s another to make people want to share the content you’ve shared with them. If your content is shared, you can involve a greater number of people and thus increase your followers on Instagram.
- Clearly understand the reasons behind your social community: It is extremely important that you have a clear understanding of why you need to build your social community. There are many reasons, but each one is important and each one should be in your head at all times.
- Post content in a way that makes sense: From the beginning, you’ve had a marketing strategy that makes sense for your business. It’s part of your business plan and you need to follow that roadmap so that you can achieve the milestones that you set out to achieve. What was important in the beginning is still just as important to your business.
- Get involved with other people on Instagram: Having an Instagram account is not enough. You need to interact with people. That means you need to “Like” photos other people are posting and leave comments. Get involved in the discussion. It is critical to your success.
- Ask questions: Like other social media channels, you have to ask questions on Instagram. Ask thought-provoking questions that make people want to participate and start interacting. This is exactly how relationships are formed.
Instagram is one of several effective social media tools that you should consider taking advantage of for your business. With Instagram, it’s all about the number of followers you can acquire. The fact is, without a huge following, you and your business will go dark. You need to establish yourself with the tool and become popular in order for your business to be more successful. It is important to understand what needs to be done so that you can take your business to the next level.