Here are the 10 career advancement tips for you to take note of. These are also the qualities a boss looks for when promoting someone to a higher position:
1. Self-improvement and self-evaluation: Able to look at yourself critically and change your disposition for the better.
2. Able to accept criticism: To err is human. Willing to listen and accept constructive criticism and learn from past mistakes.
3. Be Reliable – Immerse yourself in the boss’s good books. Cultivate your boss’s trust in you. Get things done as promised in a timely manner.
4. Be thorough: Follow the example of the Japanese workers. They are very serious at work. When they have doubts, even for a small matter, they will not assume things and will seek clarification from their bosses.
5. Build job satisfaction – When you’re happy at work, you’ll work harder and smarter. You also give your full commitment.
6. Assume the role of your boss: Able to assume responsibilities beyond your scope of work as if you were the owner of the company.
7. Take the initiative: When things don’t go according to plan, you come up with a workable solution instead of asking your boss for help.
8. Articulation: Able to speak and write fluently and clearly in more than one language.
9. A positive image: You are in good health and confident.
He is perceived to be knowledgeable, intelligent, and brilliant. Always wear a smile and make yourself nice.
10. Good people skills: Able to motivate others and do things through them.